Official Tumblr of LÉON
Fuck the Bullshit
Yesterday I was going through the Garment District in NYC to pick up some trims for production.
On 38th street, I passed by a man on a single person hydraulic lift. He was 2 stories high, cleaning the facade of a building. I thought to myself “That looks dangerous.”
In the five minutes it took me to pick out some zippers and pay, the man had fallen. The street was already filled with cop cars and an ambulance. I couldn’t see anything.
Witnesses told me that the lift had tipped over and he’d fallen between some trucks onto the pavement. His head cracked. His leg broken. Nobody knew if he was alive.
The look on the crowds faces, the realization of their own mortality was apparent. Everyone I talked to began telling each other to be safe.
We often forget how unforgiving and unpredictable life can be. And it’s sad that we need constant reminders of this.
News about some celeb you’ve never met dating someone else you’ve never met and will never meet. Bullshit.
Making fun of people for standing in a long line for something that they get joy out of is bullshit.
Going to that job you hate so much when you’d rather be painting is bullshit.
Sitting through a date with some asshole who only wants to talk about himself is bullshit.
Unfollow fucking TMZ. Find a line of people that like the shit you like. Go be an artist. Walk out that bar and go talk to some strangers and ask them how they’re doing. Fuck the bullshit.
Time is limited. We are small. Watch this video and tell me you care about bullshit anymore.
Happy Friday. Be safe.
Tweets From Last Night
Powered by Allagash White, a delicious Belgian style beer.
Feel free to follow me on Twitter at leonnyc
1. Never Forget: Rules were imagined up by people no more special than you.
2. Tech approach to fashion often misses the point. Great brands present a new world view, tech approach tries to fix the world you’re in.
3. Being better is an easy & boring way to approach work and life. Like competing to draw a straighter line. Draw something everyones afraid to
4. Cure for career envy: Find an interview of someone you admire. Answer the questions. If you can’t answer them all, get back to work.
5. Storytellers reign supreme.
6. Blogging isn’t the end of writing, Instagram isn’t the end of photography. It just made it easy for people to share their shitty work.
7. Can’t trust a weak handshake.
8. Most boss handshake I’ve ever experience: Anna Wintour. No surprise.
9. Soundtracking your life: Cook to bossa nova/R&B Soul, consume alcohol to jazz, have sex to NIN.
10. If you’re fantasizing about more in life and are worried what the worst case scenario is. Realize you’re currently living it.
My Daily Thought
If money were replaced with a barter system - what you have to offer, what you create, could what you choose to spend your time on now help you survive?
Page 1 of 515Older